Saturday, March 21, 2009

Sydney Rock Pools Part II - Coogee, Sydney - March 2009

I've surprised myself by getting up at 5.50am two consecutive Saturdays! My early start paid off as I witnessed some stunning early morning light and colours at two of Coogee's rock pools.

The smaller one, McIvor's Baths, was built in 1876 and is for women and children only so I didn't hang around for long. The larger one, Wylie's Baths, was established in 1907 by Henry Wylie who was a champion long-distance swimmer. It has an amazing proximity to the ocean and while I was there, water was constantly rushing into it.

The latter has a small fee for entry, but I skirted around the outside and took some slow shutter speed shots and caught the first rays of weekend sun. Enjoy the shots.



McIvor's Baths (above)



The shot above and all below are of Wylie's Baths










No comments:

Post a Comment