Saturday, March 24, 2012

Dee Why Rock Pool - Mar12

Another weekend, another rock pool - although note that I was in Adelaide last weekend for my friend Sherina's 40th birthday! This one, unlike the pool at North Curl Curl (a.k.a. Dee Why Point Rock Pool), was very accessible and I had no trouble getting there.


What has surprised me so far on this project is that I have had almost identical sunrises - hardly a cloud in the sky apart from ones on the distant horizon. Obviously a cloudy morning is not good, but sometimes a few clouds thrown in makes for interesting contrasts.


The Dee Why Surf Living Saving Club built the rock pool between 1915 and 1919. More recently it has had a bit of a makeover. One feature I loved about this one was the surrounding rocky areas which were a treat to photograph in addition to the pool. Enjoy the shots!














No comments:

Post a Comment