Wednesday, May 15, 2013

f365: Day 135

I was reading the other day about the rise of people taking shots of their food. Refer:

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/food/aussies-share-the-food-love-by-posting-pictures-of-meals-on-social-media/story-fneuz8wn-1226637885462

Today's shot is a lesson in how not to take a food shot. I've done this once already this year (taken a food shot) and I'm doing it again as this shot represents a little indulgence I have all too often for lunch, courtesy of the local (on site) cafe.

Anyway, here is what is wrong with this shot:

- poor plating skills (note the back drop of wrinkled paper)
- harsh lighting, and strong shadows
- shot almost straight down, with lack of composition
- and it looks about as healthy as a greasy slap up English "full breakfast".

But...it was delicious. I'll post a shot later this year in this one-year blog of a more professional effort. Watch this space!





No comments:

Post a Comment