Saturday, May 28, 2016

Lake Moogerah Astrophotography Night - May16

We have been lucky with all the clear and cooler nights lately. I decided to touch base with BAS (Brisbane Astronomical Society) tonight at a location about one hour's south of the city, away from light pollution.

The location is Lake Moogerah and the views of the night sky is nothing short of amazing. As I left part of my telescope kit at home (bad error), instead I focused on my camera and shooting the night sky.

I'm pretty happy with the below shots and even though it was a 200 km round trip, the images (and experience) was well worth it.

I also met some excellent people who were more than happy to share knowledge. Enjoy the shots!

Side note: click on each image to enlarge. In the fourth shot, the bright object centre shot is Jupiter. Additionally the Milky Way is very clear in some of these images.












No comments:

Post a Comment