Saturday, September 7, 2013

f365: Day 250

The 250th day of my blog and of course the 250th day of the year!

It was election day in Australia today. As I am not a citizen, I am unable to vote, but I did accompany Jenn down to our local polling booth in Ashgrove (plus the dogs came down with us).

I must admit I do not properly understand the way the Australian parliamentary system works with the two houses (the Senate and the House of Representatives), but we did some information gathering tonight to understand the preferential voting system - fascinating stuff.

At this stage it looks like the Coalition will win and oust the Labor Party.

Anyway, shots were taken of both the ladies selling the "gourmet" sausages at the polling station, plus a sneak look inside the voting area itself. Oddly our station was a split station with both the Brisbane and Ryan setas being able to be voted for.



No comments:

Post a Comment