Monday, December 23, 2013

f365: Day 358

I cannot believe the end of the year is almost upon us. I also cannot believe I managed to keep this one photo per day idea going for so long.

At times I thought about quitting, especially after a busy day at work and the last thing I felt like doing was trying to take an interesting photo (especially when it was dark and options were limited). But I am glad I persevered.

In some ways I will also miss doing this blog. Even on busy days in hindsight it was time well spent to reflect on the day and force myself to temporarily forget the issues of the day and think creatively.

Although we are not quite there yet, in case alcohol and sleep deprivation takes over at the final hurdle, I am going to reflect and comment on how much of an interesting year we've had. In summary, we have:

- introduced our lovely boy Bruce into the family (our bullmastiff btw!)
- found out Jenn was pregnant
- shook hands with Sir Richard Branson (he briefly visited the 'Virgin Village' back in May)
- had a fantastic holiday in Hawaii
- learnt some renovating skills and played a part in the new kitchen as well as renovating Jonathan's room
- put myself in hospital, due to over exertion in the renovating
- ran a couple of half marathons, plus cracked the 100 minute mark
- finally traded in the old Corolla and become one of those dreaded SUV owners
- and the biggest news of all, welcomed Jonathan into the world

We've also had some lovely catch ups with friends and relatives along the way.

In case you have read this far, you may be wondering what will happen with myself and my camera beyond 31-Dec-2013. I have realised that this project has been the kick in the backside I have needed for some time as I hadn't been doing as much as previous years. Therefore I have decided in 2014 to do a photography project every month and publish my attempts around month end. The topics have yet to be decided but may flow forth after some Xmas lunch and/or a beer or two.

Lastly, while I am happy overall with the project, a lot of creative shot ideas I had around 12 month's ago just never happened this year. Maybe they will be addressed next year...

Anyway, enough pontificating - I popped out at lunchtime for some last minute Xmas shopping. The heat here continues unabated but I shot Queen St Mall during the lunchtime period.


No comments:

Post a Comment