Sunday, July 7, 2013

f365: Day 188

I did the half marathon down in the Gold Coast today. I was up at 3am, had a 3.15am breakfast, then did the one hour drive down, arriving around 4.30am.

The weather conditions were perfect for running - calm and not too cold or hot. I went out too fast and raced ahead of the 1:40 pacemaker (who I should have stuck to like glue for most of the way as getting under 1:40 was my goal). By the 13-15km mark I was feeling it - muscles were aching, knots in stomach and general tiredness.

Eventually I hobbled over the line with a time of 1:40. Given the GC course is flat and fast, it was a bit disappointing, but I'll try again next year. The first shot is a self portrait at the end (note pain in face).

Later on in the day we caught up with our friends Ryan and Amy (and their two children Adele and Fletcher). They have these native bees out the back so I took some shots of them using my macro lens (and Ryan did an excellent job as the "lighting assistant"). Given they are very small and move quickly, it was pretty challenging.





No comments:

Post a Comment