Wednesday, July 24, 2013

f365: Day 205

Another awesome day in paradise a.k.a. Hawaii!

(Background to today's post): I bought a Go Pro camera about a month ago (one of those miniature cameras with a water proof casing) and had a very lucky escape yesterday. I was wearing it on an elasticated head band while body surfing. I rode a 30m wave into the shore only to discover it had been ripped off my head. Panic quickly set in - the tide was rough and I fruitlessly searched all over the ocean floor for it (zero visibility). Miraculously I found it. I should have bought a lottery ticket as the odds did not seem very good at the time.

So it survived another day. Today I went on a mountain bike adventure tour descending 6,500 ft from Mt Haleakala all the way to the small village of Haika. I took it down the mountain with me and did some videoing as well as on a setting which takes a shot every 5 seconds. The first shot was taken by the tour guide of me leaping into air with a cloud backdrop (staged: to give the impression of sky diving). I have included shots from the Go Pro during the descent, plus a polarised sunset effect at dinner tonight. Enjoy the pics :-)









No comments:

Post a Comment